Alberton - Prince Edward Island (PE),
Estimated salary $14 - $15 an hour
Duration: Limited Duration Contract
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- 5 to 7 years related work experience including 1 to 2 years in HSE petrochemical position in similar projects.
- HSE qualifications recognized locally or internationally e.g. OSHA, NEBOSH, IOSH, Industrial Safety Diploma governed by respective government organizations
- Knowledge of OHSAS: 18001, ISO 14001
- Must be SACPCMP registered
- Must be computer literate (MS Office Suite)
- Knowledge of internal / external auditing process.
- Investigation skills
- Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal
- Must be able to plan work accordingly to meet tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Must be able to work in a team driven environment
- Good knowledge of technical processes.
- Presentation skills
- Understand requirements of project HSE plan to ensure project HSE plan and company IMS HSE management system is implemented on project site.
- Train and advice project management and project personnel in requirements of project HSE plan.
- Ensure all new employees are inducted properly into the Company and Project site HSE rules and regulations.
- Schedule, arrange and deliver HSE / B2B training effectively to site employees to increase and maintain high level of HSE awareness
- Maintain B2B HSE training record up-to-date using attendance sheets independently and / or in co-ordination with sub-ordinates.
- Ensure communication of HSE Policy, applicable legal requirements, HSE information and lessons learned to all project personnel.
- Perform / facilitate preparation, review and modifications of risk assessments as required; for all project activities, facilities including.
- Maintain accident / incident record for on-site and off-site accidents related to project employees, vehicles, assist project personnel for preparing first information report.
- Lead / Facilitate / Participate in accident / incident investigation and reporting as necessary and follow up the corrective actions until completion.
- Ensure safe transportation, storage, handling and disposal of chemicals on site as applicable.
- Ensure regular inspections of tools, equipment’s, and vehicles are performed, deficiencies corrected, and record maintained using appropriate forms.
- Ensure emergency response preparedness provisions / plans in place and site employees are aware about the same.
- Ensure adequacy and availability of fire detection and firefighting equipment’s in working condition for all site areas.
- Perform Level 1 HSE inspections and ensure senior management, level 2 and level 3 inspections are performed. Prepare trend analysis to identify the areas of improvement.
- Ensure work area environment is maintained safe through the pro-active enforcement of HSE rules and regulations.
- Advice / guide site employees on selection, use, limitations, maintenance and storage of personal protective equipment and monitor the performance.
- Ensure compliance with permit to work system as
We care about your privacy. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to us you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
In Terms of our Employment Equity policy, preference will be given to applicants who are disabled or from a previously disadvantaged background. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
To apply please forward your CV to [email protected]
Wendy Van Deventer
Recruitment Coordinator - Sub-Saharan Africa