Cook LTC- PT
Waterloo - Ontario (ON),
Pinehaven Nursing Home - LTC
You can be you while being a part of our family.
At Schlegel Villages we are redefining elder care through innovation, Village design and culture change, but we know the key to our Village success, and our residents’ satisfaction, is YOU and our teams.
We aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. We are family owned and operated and we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
We’d love to talk to you about what makes us different.
Shift details for our new Cook:
Pinehaven Nursing Home has an exciting opportunity for a Cook team member to join our days/evening team working approximately 15-30 hours bi-weekly from 9:45 am-5:45 pm.
As a new Cook joining our Village, you will:
Support and embrace our resident-centred social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of service to our residents. You will work as a key member of our Village and kitchen team to support residents’ individual needs, and advocate for residents to make informed decisions relating to their dining experience.
Cooks at Schlegel Villages create exceptional mealtime experiences for our residents and their families through the provision of delicious and well-balanced meals, fostering exemplary relationships with residents and their families while focusing on flexible dining and customer service.
Our Cooks follow meal plans in accordance with Physicians orders and nutritional guidelines, and are able to lead other team members in pursuit of a resident-centered dining experience.
To be successful as our new Cooks, you will:
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent combination
- Possess a food safety certification and Cook's Certificate
- Be excited by our objectives, our Village philosophy and the family values that shape all aspects of life in a Schlegel Village
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the Cook role
It would be an asset if our new Cook has:
- An understanding of therapeutic diets
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and best practices applicable to the retirement and long-term care sector
How Schlegel Villages supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training and personal growth opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discounts at Village Services
- Team appreciation events
- Access to The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund
- Retirement Savings
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Safe Food Handler