National Standards Consultant
Toronto - Ontario (ON),
Sun Life Financial
Estimated salary $22.17 - $31.10 an hour
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
National Standards Consultant - 1 Year Contract
The National Standards Team works in partnership with our Regional Directors of Business Development, Client Relationship Executives and Shared Services teams to ensure that the needs of the business are well represented and that business users’ expectations are managed accordingly. In this role you will manage requests from the Business Development team; configure tools and systems that allow our teams to manage workflow as well as client and intermediary requests. You will also be accountable for shaping and delivering both standard and ad-hoc management reporting for assigned project portfolio(s) as required. Among the other competencies noted below, the role requires organization skills (to prioritize and manage workload), pro-active thinking, strong research and analysis skills and the ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement.
What will you do?
- Triage issues related to performance and access management processes and complete access set up requests and maintain documentation on access processes.
- Handle all governance requests pertaining to Business Development.
- Be responsible for analysis, updating, testing and issue resolution with in-take tools and facilitate the communication between the business and technology areas across Sun Life.
- Manage and design SharePoint sites, while considering risk and sustainability.
- Analysis and testing of requested system changes, including Incident triage and
What do you need to succeed?
- University or college diploma in business, computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of the Group Retirement Services business and/or Group Insurance concepts and business environment.
- Experience with client reporting applications, database design/structure/methodology, data querying tools, etc.
- An understanding and/or experience applying project management methodology.
- Strong research skills as well as process improvement experience.
What's in it for you?
- Leverage data and technology to improve work processes that will have an impact on our clients experience
- Being recognized for your results
- Work on a team with high regard for respect and integrity.
- Work from your home office as of Day 1 on the team.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:49,400/49 400 - 80,800/80 800
Job Category:Business Analysis - Process
Posting End Date:06/09/2020