Summer Analyst, Compliance
Toronto - Ontario (ON),
Shoppers Drug Mart
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
What You'll Do:
- Support Manager, Compliance in development and execution of Project Plans to implement new compliance initiatives
- Monitor and analyze compliance reporting data and store volume data to proactively identify high risk stores for internal compliance review
- Evaluate results of compliance initiatives and share insights with Manager, Compliance to determine level of required intervention and remediation to increase payor compliance to mitigate audit risk;
- Researches financial penalties to assist with risk assessment and prioritization of compliance initiatives
- Liaise with various teams over various banners (Shoppers Drug Mart, Loblaw and Medisystem) to develop and implement various compliance initiatives
- Conduct detailed analysis to support initiatives including the identification of potential regulatory or policy risk that are not compliant
- Perform other regular and ad-hoc analyses to facilitate operational and strategic decisions
What You'll Need:
- Strong familiarity with Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Power Pivot, Power Query
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with SQL, VBA and/or other programming languages
- Currently enrolled as a post-secondary student at a Canadian institution in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering and/or Health Sciences or equivalent program.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence software and creating Dashboards (ex: Microsoft Power BI, Microstrategy, Teradata, dbVisualizer) would be an asset
- Knowledge of pharmacy industry, third party principles or general insurance claim submission and reimbursement process looked upon favorably, is an asset .
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Co-op (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.