Petrolia - Ontario (ON),
County of Lambton
The County of Lambton is an urban-rural area in southwestern Ontario that is home to over 126,000 residents. The Corporation's seven divisions operate programs and services for the residents of Lambton County such as land ambulance, provincial offences court, three Long-Term Care Homes, 25 library branches, two museums, an art gallery, archives, local roadways, public health services, housing services, social services, building services and planning and development services. Lambton County is a community dedicated to economic growth, environmental stewardship and an enhanced quality of life through the provision of responsive and efficient services and collaborative efforts with its municipal and community partners.
To provide a safe and clean environment for all residents, staff and visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Disinfect all contact points – door handles, light switches, handrails, phones etc.
- Scrub and wipe down toilets, sinks and counter tops
- Routine dusting throughout Homes
- Floor Care – vacuum and shampoo carpets, sweep, mop, scrub, buff and wax floors
- Perform heavy cleaning weekly – total cleaning of resident's rooms, office space, utility rooms, etc. Remove curtains for laundering, wash walls, beds, floors, and bathrooms
- Place orders for linens in a timely fashion
- Maintain log of linens delivered and returned
- Deliver laundry carts and supplies to appropriate locations
- Change linens when beds are made for residents
- Pack and move residents’ belongings
- Perform resident review once weekly (15 min. - 1 hr)
- Daily review involvement with nursing, management, supervisors and families
- Randomly check water temperature in various locations twice a day throughout Home adhering to Ministry guidelines
- Incumbents must keep up-to-date on all relevant legislation, collective bargaining agreements, County Policies and Procedures, etc. ensuring that these are implemented as prescribed
- Incumbents must possess the physical ability to meet the duties and responsibilities of the job description and/or the requirements identified within the position's Physical Demands Analysis
These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Supervision: None
Indirect Supervision: None
Functional Authority: Occasionally provide guidance, instruction and direction to others, i.e. residents, staff, volunteers.
- Completion of Grade 10
- No related experience is required
A valid Ontario driver's license and use of a vehicle.