Owen Sound - Ontario (ON),
Working with A&W is more than just sharing a love of great burgers. By joining our team you’ll be on the front lines, helping us change the fast food landscape. From eliminating plastic straws, to root beer made with all-natural flavours, to being the first national restaurant chain in Canada to offer the plant-based Beyond Meat Burger, we’ve never been the kind of company to sit back and wait for change to happen. For us, it’s all about doing the right thing for our food, people, community and environment. We can’t wait to hear from you!
A&W is looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic counter person to engage with our guests. The ideal candidate is dedicated to providing an excellent guest experience and must display a positive attitude when interacting with guests and co-workers.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Welcome our guests with a genuine greeting and smile
- Perform basic math functions to collect payments and make change
- Knowledge of A&W menu items to assist guests with ordering
- Operate registers, scanners and process debit/credit transactions
- Maintain accurate cash drawer
- Keep the dining room, washrooms and counter area sparkling clean for our guests
- Do what’s right for our guests to ensure they keep coming back
Benefits of Working for A&W:
- We pay a competitive wage.
- We offer a Scholarship program
- We have a Service Awards program through Williams Recognition
- We know you’ve got a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible schedules so you can work as much or as little as you need.
- You’ll gain the skills that pay the bills. A career with us will give you great communication skills, valuable customer service prowess, experience working on a team, the ability to thrive under pressure and the chance to cook some of the best-tasting food in Canada.
- We pride ourselves in using real, naturally-sourced and delicious ingredients in everything we serve.
- We’re all about doing the right thing, even if it’s not the easy thing. From animal welfare, environmental impact, the food we serve, the people we employ and the communities we call home, we’re always striving to take the high road, no matter how challenging it gets.
- As a big business with a small business culture, we pride ourselves in keeping a healthy buzz of excitement and innovation in the air. To keep this spirit of change making front and centre, we follow a set of guidelines we call our Climate Goals. They’re one part of the secret sauce that makes A&W such an awesome place to work.
- Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
- Positive, helpful attitude towards guests, including the ability to speak and communicate clearly
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ensuring order accuracy when assembling orders
- Must be at least 14 years old to work counter
- Full online and hands on training provided