Ottawa Transitional Care Unit Rehab Assistant-Part-Time
Ottawa - Ontario (ON),
Estimated salary $29.17 an hour
Make “being the difference” your Career.
Bayshore is looking for passionate and caring Rehab Assistant's to join our amazing team. You will be creating special moments for clients each and every day. If your calling is to be the “difference” by providing outstanding care, than a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
We value our Bayshore caregivers with:
- Full and Part time Careers including annual salaries
- Highest industry wages for the critical work you do
- Company sponsored Benefits (health and dental) for you and your family
- Retirement Savings Plan with a company contribution
- Paid sick days, paid orientation and paid training
- Competitive travel compensation
- Efficient work schedules with more care time and less travel
- Opportunities to grow in your career
- Company provided Mobile devices for easy documentation and strong communication.
The Rehab Assistant, under the direction of the Clinical Manager, is responsible for completion of professional activities that include: assessment, treatment, education, and management of clients requiring Rehab intervention, in accordance with professional standards.
- Supports carrying out the day to day tasks and goals as set by the rehab team.
- You will be required to work with our ALC unit and area community hip and knee clients. Shifts inside ALC and visits in the community if required.
- Cues client as required for ADLs and IADLs.
- Reinforces safety measures with client.
- Medication monitoring, reminders, education.
- Reinforces behaviour management principles and acceptable
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participates in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore ICS Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested
- Attends team meetings as requested.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS The Rehab Assistant reports to the OT/PT and Clinical Manager, as appropriate.
Completion of a recognized Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and/or Rehabilitation Assistant College Program. Will also consider a university degree in kinesiology and/or the possession of a RRP or CCRC designation.
Other Skills and Abilities
Enjoy dealing with people and working in a fast-paced customer service environment. Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent manner. Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team. Ability to be self-directed and take direction. Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and proficiency with secure email. Commitment to continual learning. Valid driver’s license.