Fiber Optic Splice Technician
Ontario - Ontario (ON),
National Fiber Link
Are you the perfect candidate to join our team? Apply now with your resume and cover letter.
- Perform site evaluations as required.
- Ability to review and plan both fiber and copper projects via blue prints and schematics.
- Run FOC and copper lines finding best path for client.
- Ability to distinguish colours of fiber code.
- Maintain high standard for cable esthetics while maintaining the integrity of the cable.
- Splice fiber optic cable indoor and outdoor as well as in aerial bucket as needed.
- Work aloft, operate boom lift (bucket truck), scissor lift and use of ladders as necessary.
- Operate splice machines and testing equipment. - Perform truck inspections as required by law.
- Maintain neatness of splice lab and truck cab.
- Install IT racking systems, patch panels, wire management, patch cords, shelving units and other customer purchased items as required.
- Terminate data and voice jacks as required.
- Maintain written records of work completed for each day/job.
- Proficient in ms-office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Maintain a neat and tidy job site. Always pick up garbage and debris from work completed.
- Take pictures of each job completion as well as any issues that arise.
- Take due care of tools and equipment. Tie off at heights, careful handling, cleaning and standard on site maintenance. Notify supervisors of calibrations and maintenance due on equipment.
- Supply own
non-specialty hand tools.
Employees responsible for loss or damage to National Fiber Link Ltd. property.
Ability to work independently.
Perform other functions / special projects as required.
Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive fiber optic splice experience required.
- Command of the English language.
- Excellent oral, writing, time management, organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Post-secondary education in a technical field.
- Intermediate computer skills.
Problems & Challenges
- Time constraints. Multiple deadlines.
- Meeting / coordinating customer requirements while maintaining National Fiber Link Ltd. standards and procedures.
Decision Making / Span of Impact
- Decisions will be related to, but not limited to method of installations for both fiber optic and data/phone infrastructure.
Physical / Sensory Effort
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- Climb ladders and into bucket truck lift safely.
- Ability to see and extensively concentrate on fine fibers for extended periods of time (1 shift).
- Extensive computer concentration.
- Daily travel to customer locations. Away travel as required.
- Personal Protective Equipment required.