Driver - Roll Off
Ontario - Ontario (ON),
Modern Disposal is looking for experienced drivers! As a local, family-owned company we strive to provide exceptional environmental service solutions to towns, companies, neighborhoods, and families in Southern Ontario.
We offer a competitive hourly rate, overtime after 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week and a company paid benefit package including participation in a company RRSP program.
The Roll Off Driver supports the waste division by operating the vehicle and picking up roll off bins and compactors from customers in the Niagara region and transporting material to the landfill or transfer station as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Drives the roll off truck and operates the hydraulic components in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury to personnel and property damage.
- Proper Lock Out/Tag Out of compactors when servicing
- Communicate professionally to customers
- Performs pre-trip inspection, and completes the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report
Core Competencies & Experience
- Valid AZ or DZ license with a minimum of 3 years commercial driving experience
- Must be capable to enter the US and comply with DOT requirements/testing
- Clean driver abstract and CVOR
- Able to drive a standard vehicle
- Able to read and write legibly
- Able to comply with company policy on controlled substances and alcohol
- Positive safety record
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to customer service
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
High School Diploma or GED
- Full company paid benefits (medical and dental)
- Group RRSP Company Matching program
- Attendance and Safety Bonuses
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Overtime after 9 hours per day or 44 hours per week.