Field Evaluation Specialist
Ontario - Ontario (ON),
Electrical Safety Authority
Carry out inspection of unapproved electrical equipment, enforcement of regulations pertinent to the display, offer for sale or use of unapproved electrical equipment or material and associated activities, in accordance with the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario, CSA Standards and Guidelines. Interpret standards and advise Manufacturers and Distributors. Account management Prepare reports using Microsoft Office tools (Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc.). Maintain good public safety standards and communicate effectively. Provide relief inspection services as required.
- Grade 12 or equivalent and a minimum of two year further study as an electrical technologist or technician with a CET designation, or an Ontario 442 industrial license, and with a broad knowledge of electricity and electronics. A minimum of 8 years experience with these Ontario qualifications is necessary.
- Experience in the interpretation and application of the CSA Electrical Standards and the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario and the SPE1000.
- Familiarity with the design, manufacture and testing of all types of electrical equipment.
- Experience in the application of materials and equipment.
- Account management skills, sales and marketing experience
- Presentation experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with the public.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License is required.
State on your application if you are willing to relocate from your present location, and if so include the areas of Ontario where you agree to go.
ESA's team of 400 engaged and committed safety professionals are driven by a mandate to improve electrical safety for the people of Ontario. We administer and enforce Ontario's electrical safety regulations through the delivery of a wide range of services and initiatives that are supported by our safety stakeholders.
ESA offers a competitive salary complemented by a comprehensive benefits package and learning opportunities to grow your skill in electrical safety while working in a great team environment. ESA is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in ESA. If your application is selected for further processing you will be notified by email.
Please be advised that in relation to all job postings on this webpage, accommodation for persons with disabilities is available throughout the recruitment process upon request in accordance with requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.