Field Evaluation Inspector
Ontario - Ontario (ON),
Electrical Safety Authority
Estimated salary $85,476 - $92,412 a year
ESA is preparing a database of applicants for our next hiring session. The Field Evaluation Service Group (FESG), a subsidiary of the Electrical Safety Authority, is a composite of highly engaged and committed safety minded professionals supported by a strong group of stakeholders. Our mandate is to assist organizations manufacturing, purchasing or importing electrical equipment to meet the safety standards of Ontario. Our business is built on long standing partnerships with our customers and our Inspectors are highly motivated to build the business through strategic account management. In doing so FESG prides itself in improving electrical safety through inspections for the people of Ontario. For more information about the Field Evaluation business at ESA go to http://www.esafieldevaluation.ca/
If becoming an Inspector is of interest to you, and you meet the requirements listed in the job posting, we ask you to submit your fully completed online application, including a detailed resume of your previous employment with employer's names and dates employed, education, and date of issue of your original 309A license.
Carry out inspection of unapproved electrical equipment, enforcement of regulations pertinent to the display, offer for sale or use of unapproved electrical equipment or material and associated activities, in accordance with the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario, CSA Standards and Guidelines. Interpret standards and advise Manufacturers and Distributors. Account management Prepare reports using Microsoft Office tools (Word/Excel/Powerpoint etc.). Maintain good public safety standards and communicate effectively. Provide
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Hold a current Certificate of Qualifications as a Journey person Electrician [309A licence] for a minimum of 7-years and varied experience (residential, farm, commercial industrial and HV Substations).
- Experience in the interpretation and application of the CSA Electrical Standards and the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario.
- Familiarity with the design, manufacture and testing of all types of electrical equipment.
- Experience in the application of materials and equipment.
- Account management skills, sales and marketing experience
- Presentation experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with the public.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License is required.