Front Desk Manager
Niagara Falls - Ontario (ON),
Quality Inn and Suites
*****MUST KNOW CHOICE SYSTEM*****
Quality Inn & Suites Niagara Falls
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Manager
REPORTS TO: Assistant General manager
POSITION SUMMARY: **
Directly supervises all front desk personnel and ensures proper completion of all front desk duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk and night audit. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front desk department.
FRONT DESK MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: **
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front desk personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front desk personnel.
- Schedules the front desk staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front desk employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front desk.
- Receives information from the previous shift and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming shift.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front desk personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front desk employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to the front desk.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of the house daily.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of the front desk computer system, including software maintenance, report generation, and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all of V.I.P 's special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front desk and stationery supplies.
- Review daily front desk work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review, respond front desk log book and Guest feedback online on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchers, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform all duties as front desk agent and night audit if needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN CHOICE HOTEL OR CHOICE SYSTEM
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Manager : 1 year (Preferred)
- choice advantage system: 1 year (Required)