IT Help Desk Technician
Mississauga - Ontario (ON),
CONSOR Engineers, LLC
Estimated salary $15.70 an hour
IT Help Desk Technician
Location: Mississauga, Ontario Type: Full-time
The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for serving as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone, via email, or in person. Performing remote interface troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. As well as determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, or in person
- Configure, install, administer and troubleshoot issues with PCs, printers, and related components. Provides assistance to users accessing IT Systems, usually by means of Windows based PCs.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Maintain a high level of courteous customer service at all times
- High School diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- 3+ years proven experience in IT-related position
- Experience with AutoCAD or other engineering software a plus
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered skills
This job description may have been redacted to relay a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the
Let the next big thing you engineer be your future at CONSOR Engineers!
CONSOR Engineers is inspiring vibrant communities by connecting people through innovative engineering solutions, focused on transportation planning and design, structural assessment, construction services, and water/wastewater. Our project portfolio includes thousands of projects across the United States and Canada with 46 offices in North America and 750+ employees. We are deeply committed to investing in our people – together we are stronger, more innovative, and able to fulfill an engineering vision that makes a true difference.
CONSOR champions growth, creativity, and well-being in our team members. We offer a competitive pay structure and comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), generous PTO, medical, dental, and vision benefits along with company-paid employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, and we recognize the need for work-life balance. Our core values define our company culture and remind us of what we all aspire to – Collaboration, Ownership, New ideas, Safety, Optimism, Respect, Integrity, and Quality (CONSORiq).
We’re made up of talented, collaborative, and driven folks from every civil engineering discipline. We are driven by producing outstanding work and thrive on tackling the biggest projects. If this sounds like a place you could see yourself shining (and we think it is), apply today and let’s create something amazing together!
Diversity Statement (EEO)
CONSOR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in each individual’s potential. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR