Market Access Manager
Mississauga - Ontario (ON),
Estimated salary $27.71 an hour
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Market Access Strategy - Oncology, the Manager, Market Access Strategy – Oncology will build and implement market access projects aligned to the oncology strategy. This includes executing tactics throughout the market access lifecycle, development of HTA submission materials, and working closely with the overall Market Access team and brand teams so patients can access our life changing medicines through public and private reimbursement systems.
- In collaboration with Market Access and Brand team, lead the development and implementation of assigned projects to support the overall brand market access strategy, including public healthcare system and private payer submissions.
- Develop materials for public HTA submissions and support private payer dossiers, ensuring accurate, strategic, and timely filings.
- Given the depth and diversity of the oncology portfolio, closely partner with brand teams to align the market access strategy and processes for Canadian reimbursement systems are fully integrated into pre-launch plans.
- Collaborate closely with departmental colleagues (e.g. Pricing, Patient Engagement & Policy Strategy (PEPS), Government Relations (GR), Payer Relations Managers (PRM), cross functional team (regulatory, commercial, medical) and external influencers (e.g. payer specialists, health economists, clinicians, patient advocates) to ensure that assigned projects support the needs of patients, health care providers, and payers.
- Partner with global teams for specific Canadian MASHE needs
- Bachelors’ degree in science, economics, public health, or business.
- 4+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience (preferably in new product planning, regulatory, medical, commercial, or forecasting) with in-depth knowledge of the Canadian market access environment
- Experience and knowledge in oncology (specifically immuno-oncology) is highly
Skills and Capabilities
- A high level of initiative, acts quickly, and ability to lead multiple priorities of significant scope in a fast-paced environment
- As activities beyond the oncology business unit may also be within scope for this role, learning flexibility and working with ambiguity is vital
- Detail oriented, analytical skills for clinical submission materials and financial workup
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in developing and implementing assigned projects
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, writing, and presentation
- Adaptive style with ability to influence and build relationships with a range of internal and external contacts
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act quickly. We are courageous, trying new things and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to contribute to achieving our goal to develop and deliver life-changing medicines.
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!