Machine Operator - Afternoon
Milton - Ontario (ON),
Estimated salary $107,500 - $135,914 a year
Eaton’s Electrical Group - Canada is currently seeking a Machine Operator for the Afternoon Shift in Milton, Ontario.
The Machine Operator’s primary function is to set up and operate fabrication equipment used in the Feeder department for the production of standard and custom parts for internal and external customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Operate Machine(s) based on on-the-job training, standardized operating procedures, detailed work instructions and manufacturer’s requirements.
- You will monitor operation of machines to clear blockage, prevent jams and breakage and assure adequate lubrication of feed stock.
- Perform safety checks for machines and supporting equipment. In addition, you will perform autonomous maintenance and complete safety check sheets and TPM documents.
- Adhere to detailed specifications, work instructions, manufacturing information and written or verbal instructions from supervision.
- Run and operate various software such as Dynamic Machine Management software (DMM), to hold codes, to report Drawing issue or any other issues and drawing search software (Enovia, Vault etc.) to view and print drawings for fabrication purpose.
- Work from drawings, sketches, manufacturing information, to determine dimensions as well as from written or verbal instruction from supervision. Drawing software will be utilized to pull such information (i.e. Enovia, Vault).
- Review drawings for accuracy and resolve issues with appropriate personnel.
- Determine the sequence of operations and feed material through machine.
- Maintain log information/barcode on production and machine history as required.
- Ensure completed production orders are kept in an organized manner; through utilizing proper bin selection, tagging, pallet sizes and routing to the next operation.
- Maintain Kanban system; additionally, retrieve raw material with tow motor if trained and certified.
- You will inform supervisor of potential production or material problems, including delay in shipment or delivery.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent from
- Previous experience with Brake Press, EHRT machine, Finn SG machine, Mazak Laser, and Peirce-All machine considered an asset
- Understanding of Windows operating systems, additional computer hardware & software skills.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely, on multiple projects, in a manufacturing environment.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No