Markham - Ontario (ON),
The Manager, Operations, under the direction of the Director of National Pharmacy Operations, oversees the day to day pharmacy business operations. S/he also supports and actively participates in risk management activities, the internal auditing programs, and ISO audits. The Manager, Operations with the assistance of the Director of National Pharmacy Operations will collaborate with business stakeholders and technical experts to identify and design business process and technology solutions. S/he ensures alignment with strategic direction provided by the Director of National Pharmacy Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze complex business problems; facilitate solution ideation, selection, development and implementation.
- Collaborate with business analysts and pharmacy managers to ensure business needs and requirements are clearly identified, addressed, and consistent with solution designs.
- Consult with Process Design team to ensure solutions are aligned with the corporate roadmap, design guidelines, and best practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert on business process and technology solutions to inform business decisions and strategies.
- Moderate conflicting and changing requirements from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Validate ROI to ensure solutions result in productivity and performance improvement.
- Manage quality management systems, and develop processes as preventative measures for the unique and recurrent incidents.
- Create different channels to execute on the last mile delivery to stakeholders.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of actual performance versus plan / forecast, and assess the impact on future results.
- Build out project management deliverables and process, have end to end ownership and accountability of projects.
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a robust inventory management system, and design a process for perpetual inventory
Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or Business Administration.
At least five years of progressively responsible recent experience in operations management, two of which were at a supervisory level; strong track record of performance and knowledge/exposure to of business operations, business development, data management, financial management and human resources.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; excellent coaching skills and commitment to continual learning; above average communication and problem solving skills. Strategic, high energy, positive, holds strong ethics and is good at relationship building.
Internal candidates with less academic preparation must have a demonstrated track record of achievement relating to accounting and office management and have consistently shown above average initiative and a solid history of performance. Successful internal candidates must complete a three month probationary period specific to the Operations Managers position.