Server and Cashier
Malton - Ontario (ON),
True flavor of Indian food comes from the street. Whether it is a family conversation over crispy tikki chaat, or a friendly competition with a mouthful of gol gappas; the streets of India are sprawling with delicacies ready to tingle your taste buds. Chatpatta chowk is reminiscent of the same visual story, as we take you through the colourful streets of old India and savour the bursting flavours of Indian street food.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and maintain knowledge of menu offerings
- Deliver responsible and friendly food / beverage service to guests
- Assist with delivery of food service
- Prepare beverages promptly and accurately for servers and guests
- Maintain clean and neat restaurant area
- Monitor inventory
- Take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute.
- Maintain thorough knowledge with the description/composition of all menu items.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- Clean designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Clean and refill cruet and condiment sets, order branded sauces to ensure consistent supply.
- Set tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- Ensure sideboards on stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
- Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- Ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the
- Hospitality degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- Minimum one (1) year of working experience of upscale Indian restaurant
- A strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact restaurant reviews
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience in high traffic bar is an asset
- Able to use POS system in prompt and efficient manner
- Professional and hard working attitude
- Ability to work within team environment and follow directions as required
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, weekend nights and holidays
For more information, contact:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- serving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Malton, ON (Required)