Health Information Management (HIM) Technician
Hamilton - Ontario (ON),
St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton
Estimated salary $24.67 an hour
HIM operational work requires more HIM knowledge and ability to effectively utilize software and applications to support HIM input workflows (quality, PHA/PHIPA/Bylaw compliance/enforcement, analysis, internal and external electronic documentation review and indexing, data integrity) and HIM output workflows (Disclosure, Registration Data Integrity, Providing Information and Intake for Patients/Public engaging HIM services)
- College Diploma in a related field required; University Degree preferred
- CHIMA studies in progress or completed preferred
- 1-5 years HIM operational experience or combination of 2-5 years HIM education and related experience
- Must have experience working with Electronic Medical Record (EMR)/Clinical Information systems, preferably Epic system.
- Must have intermediate skill for spelling, medical spelling and medical terminology
- Customer service skills, conflict resolution, excellent communication skills needed to work with public and internal clients including physicians and registered health professionals
- Must be confident and comfortable managing workload independently, may escalate complex or difficult issues.
- Excellent discretion, flexibility, attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy and data integrity, as well as compliance with legal and policy requirements.
- Must work under urgent deadlines and be able to prioritize.
- Conducts chart analysis of system and non-system generated documentation, including intake/ processing, quality review, preparation and indexing of non-system
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday - Friday, days
All positions will comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. We foster a culture of patient and staff safety.