Clerk - Stores
Guelph - Ontario (ON),
Estimated salary $38.61 an hour
Stores Clerk - Straight Nights
The Stores Clerk position is responsible for maintaining the necessary inventory levels of manufacturing supplies and tools to support production needs. Primarily accountable for collecting, storing, and issuing hand tools, machine tools, dies, measuring devices, and other equipment ensuring maintaining records of withdrawals and returns of tooling. In addition, ensure that all tools and equipment are in good working condition and meet calibration specifications.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
* Inventory control of tooling and miscellaneous items utilizing computer system.
* Tracking tooling usage and preparing product line reports.
* Maintain inventory control strategies to maximize inventory efficiencies and minimize costs (i.e. min, max, reorder points).
* Distribution of material in the tool crib.
* Assist purchasing personnel in procurement functions on a daily basis, order replenishment, follow up with suppliers, expedite past due orders and other duties within Supply Chain Management as required.
* Maintain inventory counts and reorder supplies when necessary.
* High School Diploma or equivalent general education and previous work experience.
* Ability to read and understand blueprints and the ability to follow written welding procedures.
* Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and
* Demonstrate communication skills, both verbal and written by interacting with sales staff, courier companies and co-workers to discuss various tasks.
* Possess strong inventory control and stock keeping capabilities.
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting with other personnel to ensure that support is there to ensure tools and materials are available for production.
What Linamar Has To Offer
* Opportunities for career advancement.
* Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
* Social committees and sports teams.
* Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.