DVP, Northern Shield
Greater Sudbury - Ontario (ON),
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us.
Branch Banking is the frontline of TD Bank. We strive to build deep and long-lasting relationships with our customers. By understanding client needs and providing personalized financial products and services, our purpose is to help our customers achieve their financial goals. TD continues to invest heavily in our branch banking network to ensure that it is market leading, evolving at pace to meet client demands and a meaningful career destination to top talent.
Reporting to the Regional SVP, Tara-Lynn Hughes, the DVP plans, recommends and implements strategies to grow and develop the business within the Northern Ontario region in support of TD objectives. The role will lead, coach and develop approximately 400 employees within the region toward meeting or exceeding business and personal development objectives. The role is responsible for having a detailed understanding of the local and broader financial market conditions and participates actively and provides leadership in community events.
The DVP will thrive in developing a dynamic team while meeting customers' needs and elevating advice, driving market growth and leading business outcomes. They will enjoy contributing in the implementation of key national and regional business strategies.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Drive District Advice & Service goals through excellence in execution
Execute key national & regional strategies within the district and reflect in messaging, coaching & district management:
- (1) Lead/Partner on One TD activities in the market & within branches
- (2) Omni-channel adoption for advice & service
- (3) Operational efficiencies and excellence
- (4) Legendary Colleague & Customer Experiences as well as customer problem resolution
- Lead, coach and develop Branch Managers, Branch colleagues and a District Leader, on behaviours and outcomes, operational excellence, LEI & business development in order to increase colleague and customer confidence, elevate advice and help meet more customer needs.
- Meet TD's risk appetite & regulatory expectations: Serve as first line of defense for branch-related operational activities by partnering with Regional Delivery Excellence team
- Ensure alignment of partners activities with district/regional strategies through governance & oversight
- Be the face of TD in your market by being a visible and active
- build future leaders
- elevate advice capability for more complex customer needs
- develop pipeline of talent for other areas of the bank,
- are representative of the communities we serve
- build District succession plans to meet future needs
- Highly seasoned professional with undergraduate degree and 10+ years of relevant management experience leading teams in distribution channels
- Demonstrated experience of effective coaching, mentorship and talent development
- In-depth knowledge of operational excellence, expense management and market place to execute consumer banking strategies in diverse geographic markets
- Ability to operate effectively within a federated model, through strong governance and stakeholder management
- Possess expertise in customer, products and channel strategies
- Strong communication skills, analytical thinking, business acumen, and process orientation to influence, encourage and effectively communicate through change
- Be driven to win; bring behaviors & outcomes-orientation, in addition to excellent service attitude
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Category - Primary
Flexible Work Options