Intern, Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
Etobicoke - Ontario (ON),
Job Address:1 Eva Rd, Suite 416, Etobicoke, Ontario, M9C 4Z5
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 bakeries across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to get better every day.
Our internship program is designed to unleash the potential of undergraduate students, giving them valuable and impactful work experiences, and insight into our ways of working and our values-driven approach to business. It is a great opportunity for someone looking to get experience in a new and emerging technology, develop critical business skills, and has the potential to allow for self-led projects from discovery to implementation.
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is an up-and-coming technology in which software “robots” are programmed to undertake repetitive tasks by mimicking human interaction with various software applications. Our RPA partner is a leading provider of enterprise-scale RPA technology, and gives our robots such capabilities as user-interface interactions, web scraping, data manipulation, and email automation. Find more information on the capabilities of RPA at https://www.uipath.com/rpa/robotic-process-automation .
The Finance Process Automation Intern reports to the Manager of our newly established Finance Process Automation Centre of Excellence (COE), whose chief mandate is to implement automations in Finance using RPA to assist in building a world-class, employee friendly finance organization on a foundation of best-in-class financial processes. This will be achieved through sound project management work, mapping out existing processes and guiding them through the improvement lifecycle, following software development best practices during development, and testing the end product with the requesting business unit.
- Develop custom RPA solutions for manual processes in the RPA software
- Participate in the software development life cycle, including intake, development (VB.NET or C#), testing, and documentation
- Problem solve, and proactively develop plans for issues not addressed by established procedure
- Analyze and observe processes to understand process steps,
- An undergraduate student in a business administration, commerce, or computer science/engineering
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to take initiative and navigate ambiguity to move key project work forward
- The ability to communicate complex technical ideas in a way anyone can understand
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Prior programming experience is beneficial (VB.NET, VBA, C#, Python)
- Prior experience working on RPA software is beneficial
Weston s'engage à promouvoir un environnement de travail avec des valeurs fortes qui favorisent la diversité à travers divers politiques, programmes et activités qui encouragent la sensibilité et les accommodements. Weston offre du travail sans égard à l’ethnie, la couleur de la peau, le sexe, l’origine, la religion, l’âge, le handicap ou l’orientation sexuelle. La diversité est une partie intégrante de notre succès en tant qu’entreprise et nous allons utiliser la diversité comme modèle pour aider à identifier et à développer les meilleurs talents, pour créer des équipes efficaces et pour atteindre une excellence globale. En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Number of openings:0
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.