Maintenance / Project Coordinator - Concord, ON
Concord - Ontario (ON),
Job ID: 159468
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Manager Engineering, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of all identified maintenance processes for the Dufferin Concrete (DC) and Dufferin Aggregate (DFA) divisions within assigned region. These processes will include preventive and corrective maintenance, capital expenditure, and shutdown maintenance, as well as the maintenance management system or Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (SAP).
You’ll get to work on the following:
- Preventive Maintenance– Oversee all aspects of the Preventive Maintenance Program for DC/DFA sites within assigned region; Drive implementation of MA-ACM program; Develop effective maintenance performance targets based on field inputs, performance reviews, audits and failure investigations; Develop and manage master maintenance schedule and ensure implementation of maintenance routines accordingly in maintenance system/SAP.
- Corrective Maintenance process – Apply engineering principles to provide technical solutions for DC/DFA sites to resolve equipment failure or performance degradation; Provide recommendations to sites based on tracking and analysis of equipment breakdowns (i.e. failure mode and effects, breakdown duration, high cost breakdowns, repetitive breakdowns, etc.).
- Maintenance System Master Data and Spares Management – Drive the implementation of a detailed maintenance master data system to permit better decision making and more efficient equipment replacement (i.e. functional locations, equipment numbers and bill of materials for new or transferred plant equipment); Work jointly with Procurement and sites to improve maintenance materials management (i.e. warehousing, spares management, vendor managed inventory, etc.)
- Training/Coaching - Develop and implement maintenance-specific training program for all maintenance personnel (i.e. maintenance system/SAP, OH&S best practices, process equipment, etc.); Provide facilitation and coaching support to sites to ensure planning process is followed, and that the planning board is fully utilized.
- Maintenance Reviews/Planning – Develop and lead regular maintenance-centered plant audits/sustainability reviews of DC/DFA sites; Responsible for preparing 5 year plan and annual budget for Manager Engineering; Responsible for preparing plant shutdown plans for Manager Engineering.
- Act as effective liaison with all levels of staff at DC/DFA sites to ensure that maintenance / project work is carried out as planned; Lead the maintenance workforce to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Bring a solutions mindset and strive to provide competitive advantage to the business you support.
- Maintain a safe working environment by promoting a strong safety culture, enforcing all safety guidelines and ensuring compliance under legislation and Corporate requirements
- Conduct professional Project Management; provide estimates and develop project business cases; execute conceptual designs; engage consultants; prepare contracts; vendor selection; monitor construction; control costs; commission; and customer handover.
- Work jointly on various projects (CAPEX, Expense, Shutdowns, etc.) with other Engineering, Environment and Maintenance Department team members
- Seek development opportunities for professional growth for self and assigned staff as appropriate
You will be successful addition to our team if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years in heavy industries, preferably in concrete and/or aggregate plants
- Good knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, AutoCAD and SAP
- Computer literate for all MS Office software and MS Project software
- Occupational Health and Safety knowledge
- Knowledge of maintenance-related principles, terms and procedures
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, with frequent exposure to heat, cold, dust and noise
- Willingness to travel within 2 hour radius of GTA
- University degree with discipline in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- If you do not have an Engineering degree but have successfully supervised production maintenance personnel then we still want to hear from you
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.