Temporary Customer Service Representative
Cambridge - Ontario (ON),
Electrical Safety Authority
Please note that this would be a 6 - 8 month contract position
In this role you will handle transactions and provide a high level of customer care to the public through a variety of registration and enquiry services, contributing the integrity of Ontario's electrical safety system.
As a Temporary Customer Service Representative you will:
- Resolve and complete telephone requests for inspections, ensuring field staff and other internal stakeholders receive proper information (inbound calls)
- Update records with completed information and process charges where necessary
- Deliver exemplary service when helping our customers resolve issues and questions by being knowledgeable and resourceful (verbally and in writing)
- Be measured against quality, efficiency and effectiveness measures to help you continuously improve
- Ensure confidentiality by protecting personal information
- Work collaboratively in a team to learn, improve and grow, contributing to the ongoing improvement of the overall customer experience
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Exceptional communication skills: active listening, verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, contributing to a positive team work environment
- Open to receiving and incorporating constructive feedback and coaching to continuously improve
- Employ a practical approach to tasks, work prioritization, problem solving, decision making and time management skills
- Work effectively in a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent computer and multi tasking skills in a fast paced environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESA is driven by a mandate to improve electrical safety for the people of Ontario. We administer and enforce Ontario's electrical safety regulations through the delivery of a wide range of services and initiatives that are supported by our safety stakeholders.
- Very competitive compensation.
- Structured, paid on-the-job training program to help make you successful
- Excellent corporate employee recognition program that acknowledges outstanding personal and team efforts
- Employee well-being is promoted through: access to a comprehensive confidential employee assistance program and participation in innovative health and wellness events
- Monday to Friday work week (35 hours per week)
- Office conveniently located close to the 401
We thank you for your interest in ESA. If your application is selected for further processing you will be notified by email.
Please be advised that in relation to all job postings on this webpage, accommodation for persons with disabilities is available throughout the recruitment process upon request in accordance with requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.