DC Associate Relations Specialist, Full Time - Afternoon Shi...
Brampton - Ontario (ON),
Sangeetha discovered DIVERSITY working at TJX
Interacting with our diverse Associates is part of Sangeetha's everyday role. When you work with us, you too will be part of our dynamic culture where every day will be full of new opportunities to bring fresh ideas—and a whole lot of fun!
What you’ll discover
Eligible Associates can look forward to:
- One-of-a-kind, inclusive culture
- Benefits that take effect your first day
- Dedicated training and on-the-job resources to enhance your development
- Three weeks’ vacation with option to buy an additional week through our Vacation Trade Program
- Tuition reimbursement to support your career progression
- Merchandise discount for yourself and eligible family members at all TJX Canada stores
- Associate and Family Assistant Program to support healthy living
What you’ll do
It’s safe to say, there’s no shortage of variety in what we do. Here are some key responsibilities of the role:
- Provide human resources generalist services to a client group based on first and second including but not limited to Associate and Labour Relations, health and safety, claims management, recruitment, training and development, and HR data and metric maintenance.
- Support and participate in the promotion of a positive, inclusive work environment through providing confidential coaching and counseling to Associates and Operations Management, the timely resolution of issues in accordance with legislation, company values, policies and procedures (i.e. Open Door, Diversity, Performance Management, corrective action, etc.), and also through providing timely responses to questions and inquiries regarding Associate Relations issues.
- Support and participate in providing coaching and counseling to Operations Management with respect to all labour relations issues (i.e. progressive discipline, attendance management, collective agreement interpretation, grievance process); partnering with the Associate Relations Specialist on all issues to ensure consistency in application.
- Support the facilitation of AR investigations at both building with key responsibilities and focus being complex time consuming cases including but not limited to, Violence in the Workplace, Harassment and Discrimination.
- Partners with the DC WSIB Claims Analyst to facilitate the management of all non-occupational sick/illness leaves (key focus responsibilities and focus being complex and time consuming cases) and related early and safe return to work processes; partnering with the Associates, medical community, Operational management (i.e. Managers and Supervisors), Home Office and Distribution Services
What you’ll need
To begin your career with us, you’ll have:
- Minimum 3 years Human Resources generalist experience with a focus on Labour or Associate Relations.
- College Diploma/BA or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Human Resources designation (CHRP, or working towards) or equivalent required.
- Advanced knowledge of Associate and Labour Relations including the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and collective agreement provisions; monitoring and implementing provincial and federal legislative changes; demonstrated knowledge of compensation and benefits, training and development including an understanding of the Company’s policies and practices.
- Issue management skills including time management including prioritizing (managing multiple demands); multi-tasking; ability to handle high volume workload; information gathering including ability to maintain strict confidentiality; problem solving skills (identifying and correcting errors); and interpersonal skills (working with Associates at all levels, ability to build collaborative working relationships and work well with others in a team setting, etc.)
- Flexibility to work various hours and shifts to meet the needs of a 2 shift operation.
- Application Deadline: July 10, 2020
- Location: Brampton Shift: 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Number of open positions: 1
- Internal TJX Associates: please review this opportunity with your direct supervisor or manager prior to submitting an application. In order to be considered, please attach your completed Internal Candidate Endorsement Form to your application.
Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. By becoming a member of our TJX Canada family, you’ll have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people across our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores (Winners, HomeSense, Marshalls) and our Office locations. Are you ready to Discover Different? Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email [email protected]