Rankin Inlet - Nunavut (NU),
Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited
Estimated salary $16 an hour
Agnico Eagle is always looking for new talented team members to join our Nunavut mining operations. Meliadine is located just northwest of Rankin Inlet, a small coastal town on the shores of Hudson Bay. Commercial production began at Meliadine in mid-May 2019 and the mine officially opened at the end of June. This mine is our largest gold deposit in terms of mineral resources and we expect to operate it for at least 14 years. The site features a power plant and processing facilities, as well as a complete camp complex.
The Warehouse Clerk reports to the Warehouse Supervisor and works in close collaboration with his/her team members, as well as members of the other departments of the division. The incumbent ensures the proper reception and the distribution of the materials and supplies for the division. He/she plays an important part in the warehouse efficiency process. The Warehouse Clerk ensures goals and objectives are attained, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s company culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Receive and prepare work order requests from all departments for inventory items;
- Supply orders, pick materials, move/lift boxes, and place filled orders
- High School diploma (or relevant training);
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse/logistics role;
- Mining industry experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.);
- Working knowledge of JDE software is considered an asset;
- Contractor management experience is an asset;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (oral and written).
Your Work Schedule
- Schedule: 14 days of work, followed by 14 days for transportation and rest; flights departing from all communities in the Kivalliq region, Mirabel or Val-d’Or, Quebec.