Open Pit Production Geologist
Rankin Inlet - Nunavut (NU),
Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited
Estimated salary $26,238 a year
Agnico Eagle is always looking for new talented team members to join our Nunavut mining operations. Meliadine is located just northwest of Rankin Inlet, a small coastal town on the shores of Hudson Bay. Commercial production began at Meliadine in mid-May 2019 and the mine officially opened at the end of June. This mine is our largest gold deposit in terms of mineral resources and we expect to operate it for at least 14 years. The site features a power plant and processing facilities, as well as a complete camp complex.
Reporting to the Open Pit Production Geology Coordinators, the Open Pit Production Geologist will perform his/her duties as a member of the Geology Department and collaborate with other departments of the division. The Open Pit Production Geologist plays an important role in performing good geological practices in terms of providing quality geological information to mine operations in order to maximize the mining of the resources. He/she also plays a role in drill hole planning and follow-up, core logging, sampling, mapping, participating to 3d modeling/interpretation activities, as well as ensuring compliance with QA/QC. He/she will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct, and the Environment.
- Assist with the management of the OP delineation drilling campaign including drill hole planning, ensuring priorities and targets are reached, participating in diamond drill inspections, and contractor supervision;
- Communicate the drill core
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Geological Engineering;
- Qualifications necessary to register with NAPEG are required;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in geology with a minimum of 2 years in open pit production;
- Knowledge of Datamine, Deswik, and DHLogger softwares is considered an asset;
- Leadership, autonomy, and team spirit capabilities, with experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Qualify for an Approval Letter for access to Explosives (or equivalent);
- Supervisory experience is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written). Selected candidates must attain a passing mark on a Speexx English language assessment.
Your Work Schedule
- Schedule: 14 days of work, followed by 14 days for transportation and rest; flights departing from all communities in the Kivalliq region, Mirabel or Val-d’Or, Quebec.