Nunavut - Nunavut (NU),
Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited
Estimated salary $26,238 a year
Agnico Eagle has three active properties in Nunavut. The Meadowbank open-pit mine, in operation since 2010; the Amaruq satellite deposit, which is 50 kilometers northwest of Meadowbank and the Meliadine underground mine, in operation since 2019. To support the Nunavut projects, Agnico Eagle has staff based out of 2 regional offices, located in Val d’Or and Mirabel, Quebec.
Reporting to the Recruitment General Supervisor, the Recruiter will perform his/her duties as a member of the Recruitment Department and collaborate with other departments of the division. The incumbent will play a key role in recruiting the best talent by employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. He/she will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Lead the recruitment process from start to finish, supporting departments in their hiring needs and ensuring the hiring process standards are followed for all candidates;
- Follow the recruitment screening process to identify the best potential candidates;
- Recruit, source and present qualified candidates to the hiring managers;
- Liaise with candidates and hiring managers during all stages of the recruitment process;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Industrial Relations, or equivalent;
- Must have 5+ years of experience in recruitment for the mining industry;
- Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems and candidate databases;
- Strong experience with targeted selection interview methods;
- Sound knowledge of candidate selection methods and area of expertise (market status, trends, best practices);
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to travel between administrative offices located in Val-d’Or and Mirabel, QC, other regions where candidates are available and to the Nunavut mine sites as necessary;
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (oral and written). Selected candidates must attain a passing mark on a SPEEXX English language assessment.
Your Work Schedule
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40-hour work week based out from Mirabel or Val-D’Or, Québec.