Mary River - Nunavut (NU),
Baffinland Iron Mines
Estimated salary $28 an hour
Mission for this Position:
Currently Baffinland is looking for an accomplished Maintenance Planner to join our team on a permanent basis. This position reports to the Superintendent of Crushing. Responsibilities include maintenance planning and scheduling for the Crushing plant, CMMS system data development and maintenance, as well as work management process coaching.Main Accountabilities:
- Developing and implementing daily, weekly and monthly schedules for maintenance activities;
- Providing analysis and interpretation of maintenance trends and variances;
- Making recommendations to improve the maintenance system, initiating the required corrective actions;
- Daily Work notification review and processing
- Issuing work orders in accordance with production requirements and resource availability;
- Monitoring outstanding work orders to determine maintenance status and report to clients
Work with clients to develop, review and track progress on weekly maintenance schedules
Report Planning KPI data
Review and prioritizes maintenance work requests with the operations and maintenance team.
Create and continually update maintenance programs and schedules and equipment parts lists.
Develop, maintain, monitor and improve maintenance documents (manuals, procedures, PM’s)
- Candidates must have a mechanical or electrical post-secondary education (college or university) or registered trade/journeyperson (e.g. mechanic).
- Must have 5+ years of maintenance planning/reliability experience
- Experience using SAP maintenance system is required
- Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) or similar certification would be considered an asset
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Strong coaching and communication skills (verbal and written)