Kimmirut - Nunavut (NU),
Kimmirut Housing Association
Estimated salary $90,000 - $110,000 a year
KIMMIRUT HOUSING ASSOCIATION EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Kimmirut Housing Association is currently accepting applications for the position of maintenance foreman. KHA is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of approximately 100 public housing units as well as several government staff housing units. Reporting to the Manager of the Housing Association, the maintenance foreman is responsible for carrying out required maintenance activities while adhering to the housing associations budget, supervising all maintenance staff and contractors, training staff where and when necessary, prioritizing and scheduling both preventative and demand maintenance, managing a computerized maintenance program and implementing safety procedures and practices in the maintenance department. The position is full time (not turnaround) and requires a minimum commitment of 3 years.
Kimmirut is a quiet, arctic community on the south coast of Baffin Island about 40 minutes by air from the capital, Iqaluit. There are two grocery/general stores, a church, a school with kindergarten through grade 12, an arena, fitness center, medical clinic, a parks department, an airport, a hotel and a takeout restaurant. The hamlet boarders on a territorial park, and is surrounded by lakes, rivers and waterfalls and the area offers unparalleled opportunities for hunting, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, boating, etc. The position would appeal to a self starter with a sense of adventure who is well rounded in all aspects of residential construction, maintenance and repair.
Skills, Education and Experience:
· Must posses a Journeyman certification in one of the following residential building trades (Oil Burner Mechanic, Plumber, Carpenter) with minimum of 5
· Several years experience in a supervisory position with proven successful leadership skills.
· Possess good English communication skills both orally and written.
· Experience using computer software and a general working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· The knowledge and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
· The ability to draft reports and scopes of work, follow budgets closely, develop accurate project cost estimates, maintain adequate parts inventory, monitor tendering processes, and supervise contractors.
· Valid drivers license.
· Manage time effectively and ability to work independently.
Considered a definite asset would be:
· Knowledge of northern construction practices and procedures
· Cross cultural work experience
· Ability to communicate in lnuktitut is a definite asset
Salary will be in the $90,000-$110,000. range based on the candidate's skills, knowledge, and experience. Other benefits included in our renumeration package include medical and dental insurance, pension plan, three weeks paid vacation per annum, subsidized housing and relocation allowance. Candidates applying under Article 23 of the Nunavut Lands Claim Agreement must clearly identify their eligibility to receive hiring priority.
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Open until filled.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call