Assistant Deputy Minister, Support Services
Iqaluit - Nunavut (NU),
Estimated salary $129,468 - $184,955 a year
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Deputy Minister of Education, the Assistant Deputy Minister, Support Services is one of two ADM positions and part of the Department’s core senior administrative team integral to ensuring the effective operation of the Department and provision of the highest educational standards and services in Nunavut. You wil contribute to setting the Department’s strategic direction, goals, objectives, principles, priorities, and supports, leading the Department toward their acheivement.
The incumbent is ultimately responsible for supporting the effective implementation of the Education Act. The ADM, Support Services is tasked with the strategic leadership of all support services activities for the purposes of facilitating the efficient operation of safe and secure student-sentered schools that align with the Nunavut curruculum, and are responsive to the needs of Nunavummiut This position works within the Government of Nunavut’s legislative and policy framework(s) and carries out their rsponsibilities in accordance with the Government of Nunavut acts, regulations, policies, departmental procedures and directives. With five direct reports you will ensure that staff duties and responsabilities are addressed in situations where staff may be
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position are usually obtained through a Master’s degree from a recognized institution in areas such as Education, Business or Public Administration, and five (5) years of experience as an educational leader or senior manager.
A combination of education and experience at the senior administrative level could be considered as equivalencies.
Proficiency in Inuktut is considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Current Indeterminate Government of Nunavut employees that apply and are successful on this term position may be offered a transfer assignment for the duration of the term, pending managerial approval.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.