Commercial Property Manager
Iqaluit - Nunavut (NU),
Northview Apartment REIT
Estimated salary $26,238 a year
The Commercial Property Manager reports to the Regional Vice President and is responsible for ensuring that properties are operated effectively and for balancing tenant satisfaction with profitability. The portfolio for this role consists of 250,000 sq. ft. of commercial and retail space.
- Manage all aspects of tenant activities including regular tenant contact, handing tenant queries and issues, tenant moves, tenant retention and tenant emergencies
- Responsible for building revenue and controlling expenses, including preparing and operating within an approved budget; analyzing and approving time sensitive monthly financial statements; ensuring accuracy of tenant billings; and year-end adjustments.
- Supervise all on-site personnel
- Process and code invoices for payment; assist with approving purchase orders and invoices for contracted work, within assigned spending limits; assist with receivables and minimizing delinquent accounts
- Accountable for rent collections, eviction notices, payment plans and ex-tenant arrears.
- Assist in establishing rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property and to ensure safe, secure, well maintained sites
- Attract tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from
- A minimum 5 years’ property management experience (both commercial and residential) and 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role required
- Certification in Property Management is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate regulations, budgeting and accounting
- Strong conflict resolution, oral, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to work independently using initiative and good judgment to assess priorities
- Must be able to travel locally for meetings
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends for emergency calls
- Continuing involvement with professional organizations such as BOMA, IREM, and ICSC
The successful candidate is eligible for Vacation Travel Assistance and a Housing Benefit in Iqaluit.