Finance Clerk (2 Positions)
Cambridge Bay - Nunavut (NU),
Estimated salary $65,832 a year
This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit only.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Clerk will provide entry level accounts payable and accounts receivable services in terms of data entry, verification and basic reconciliation as well as assigned general administration services, in accordance with established policy, procedures and financial controls, to ensure accurate and timely processing of transactions and effective client services, in accordance with the financial goals of the Government of Nunavut.
The Finance Clerk impacts the timeliness and accuracy of accounts payable and accounts receivable information, to employers and suppliers, accurate financial reports for management decision making at the Department level, and reputation of the Department and the Government internally and externally.
Assigned administrative responsibilities such as travel and contacts with internal and external service providers and stakeholders impact cost effective arrangements, client satisfaction, effective relationships, and work unit effectiveness.
Methods, techniques and practices of basic financial administration, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, file/information/document/records management, time management, data input, verification, use of personal computer and various applications; basic numeric, verification, effective verbal and listening skills, and attention to detail skills are
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are normally acquired through a high school diploma and minimum 1 year of general office experience.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Experience in using a financial accounting system, word processing applications, spreadsheets or databases would be considered an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
Only candidates that pass the screening test will be eligible for an oral interview.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.