Yarmouth - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority
$25.60 - $30.46 an hour
Req ID: 55352
Location: Western Zone, Yarmouth Regional Hospital
Department: 3000271 FMS Plant Maintenance YRH
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Support Bargaining Unit - CUPE
Posting Closing Date: 12-Mar-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager, Facility Services, or designate, the Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician contributes to the safe and effective operation of the facilities by maintaining, performing preventative maintenance and adjusting operating systems. The Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician ensures all functions are completed in accordance with legislation, established standards, policies and exhibits sound professional judgment and initiative while working within the Mission, Vision and Strategic Directions of the Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA), and incorporates into daily practice the Core Competencies and Values of NSHA: Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Accountability and Leadership.
- Grade 12 – high school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification as Journeyman in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- Knowledge of building code standards, OH&S and refrigeration systems and components (i.e. Domestic & Industrial). These systems operate on the Freon family of refrigerants.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to operate various motor vehicles, machinery, tools and equipment related to the work environment.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to promoting a culture of respect that supports safety, ethical practices, cultural awareness and organizational health.
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle. Clean drivers abstract will be required. This position requires employees to operate NSHA vehicles.
- Competencies in other languages is an asset, French preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Permanent Full-Time position; 75 hours bi-weekly.
$25.5977 - $30.4645 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Support bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/