Valley - Nova Scotia (NS),
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Roller Operator's to join our Valley Operations for the 2020 season.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Roller Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment to compact loose materials which may include gravel, crushed rock, and paving materials. The Roller Operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe operation of equipment to compact surface to grade specifications prior to construction (i.e. highway, street, site, etc.);
- Compacts road areas and performs other types of road construction and maintenance operations;
- Ensure that quality of work meets OH&S requirements;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Maintain vehicle in good condition;
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience\
- 2 years experience in a construction environment;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Roller Operator role may include physically strenuous activities. The Roller Operator will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary