Valley - Nova Scotia (NS),
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for an Labourer's to join our Valley Operations for the 2020 season.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite;
- May be responsible for digging, spreading and levelling of dirt and gravel;
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites;
- Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas;
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labour;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Ability to perform a variety
The Labourer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. The Labourer will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions.
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Valley, NS (Preferred)