Valley - Nova Scotia (NS),
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Grader Operator's to join our Valley Operations for the 2020 season.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Grader Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment to perform rough grade or fine grade finishing, spreading and mixing materials on the roadway to spread the road base. The Grader Operator is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of equipment;
- Ability to understand rough or fine grade finishing along with road construction plans;
- Responsible for understanding issues involving ground disturbance;
- Ensure that quality of work meets OH&S requirements;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Maintain vehicle in good condition;
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 2 + years experience in a construction environment;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Ability to operate equipment using advanced grading techniques (i.e. GPS);
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Grader Operator role may include physically strenuous activities. The Grader Operator will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite. The worksite environment for this position is outside in varying weather conditions
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary