Valley - Nova Scotia (NS),
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for an Labourer's to join our Valley Operations for the 2020 season.
The Construction Foremen is responsible for the supervision of construction activities that take place on the work site, ensuring efficient use of labour, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. This position will be responsible for the management of a work crew(s) and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage production team, providing regular and consistent feedback;
- Ensure that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget and schedule;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of personnel, materials, equipment, facilities, and time;
- Identify training gaps and ensure training is provided to team before tasks are delegated;
- Monitor equipment for maintenance requirements and ensure operators perform daily checks;
- Assist in the resolution of change requests, material defects and equipment problems;
- Manage all project labour administration activities including; payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, safety reporting, and quantities for costing and billing requirements;
- Ensure all work is completed to high quality standards, confirming to owner and Dexter quality control requirements;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- 5 years experience working in construction;
- High attention to detail in completing work tasks;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Ability to read plans and understand basic contractual requirements;
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Construction Foreman role may include physically strenuous activities. This position will require lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. Construction Foremen will require the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 5 years (Preferred)