Class 1 and Class 3 Truck Driver's
Valley - Nova Scotia (NS),
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Class 1 and Class 3 Truck Driver's to join our Valley Operations for the 2020 season.
The Commercial Truck Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a truck to transport construction materials (asphalt, aggregates, topsoil, etc.) as per schedule. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive commercial vehicle in a safe and efficient manner to designated locations;
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise dispatch of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- 2 years similar experience in a construction environment;
- Valid Class 3 or Class 1 drivers license in good standing;
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Must regularly maintain logbook
The commercial truck driver has a physically strenuous and demanding job. This position will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- AZ (Preferred)