Asphalt Service Truck Driver
Valley - Nova Scotia (NS),
Dexter Construction Company is a large, diversified Construction Company engaged in all major aspects of the heavy civil construction industry within the Atlantic Provinces. We are currently looking for Asphalt Service Truck Driver's to join our Valley Operations for the 2020 season.
Under the direction of the Foreman, the Asphalt Service Truck Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a truck to supply water, fuel, small tools, etc. for the everyday use of the paving crew. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, maintaining the vehicle, as well as assisting in various activities on site during down time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate materials depending on necessary requirements;
- Transport materials and tools safely and timely to designated locations;
- Advise the Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as assisting the crew in various labor
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Previous experience in construction environment;
- Class 3 Drivers License with Condition 15, or a Class 1 Drivers License
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Must be well versed in construction site protocols, rules and code of conduct;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Asphalt Service Truck Driver role may include physically strenuous activities. The Asphalt Service Truck Driver will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects, requiring the use of PPE, Hardhat, Steel Toe Boots, and reflective vest to minimize risk on the worksite.
Dexter Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all interested candidates to submit detailed resume.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 3 with Condition 15 (Required)