Client Medication Assistant
Truro - Nova Scotia (NS),
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and service in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Client Medication Assistant – Part-Time
Located at Parkland Truro in Truro, NS, reporting to the Client Services Manager and as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division, the Client Medication Assistant is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”. The Client Medication Assistant works to full scope of practice and provides direct personal services to clients.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Administering medications as assigned under the direction of the Client Service Coordinator;
- Meeting client personal needs according to an individualized plan of service;
- Documenting according to facility policy and communicating pertinent and relevant information;
- Completing domestic functions for clients according to service plan;
- Other duties and responsibilities required pending specific client needs;
- High School/ GED completion
- Shannex Client Services Assistant Certificate, Personal/ Home Support Worker Program or equivalent
- Parkland Medication Administration Certificate Program or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years working with the elderly or one (1) year working in a Shannex Retirement Living Facility
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays
The following would be considered assets:
- Basics Food Safety Training/ Food Handlers Course
- Alzheimer’s or Other Dementias Care Course
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long-Term Care environment
- CPR & First Aid Certificate
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism at all times
- A comprehensive compensation package, benefits and pension program
- Additional orientation and training offered for new graduates and new hires
- Free on-site parking
- Approximately 52 hours bi-weekly
- Salaries starting at $15.86
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the core values of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by March 6th, 2020.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 50261
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent