Truck Driver - Seasonal
Truro - Nova Scotia (NS),
TRUCK DRIVER – SEASONAL
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 13 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada and Maine. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Seasonal Truck Driver will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
This role is a short-haul trucking position, covering the Maritimes and Maine. Cavendish Agri Services Ltd. is looking for a Seasonal Truck Driver for a period of 8 to 10 weeks (up to a period of 12 weeks).
Expected start date will be on or about April 1st (weather dependent).
- Loading trucks and customer deliveries while working in conjunction with administration/dispatch;
- Strapping loads, positioning truck to prepare for loading;
- Use of equipment to assist in loading;
- Work with administration to ensure orders are properly captured in inventory system;
- Transportation of bulk products with the use of live bottom trailers;
- Represent company in a professional manner at all times at customer locations;
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority
- Must have valid Class 3A driver’s license. Class 1 preferred.
- Experience:18 months preferred
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of agriculture would be considered an asset
Please apply online or in person by Match 16th, 2020.
If applying in person, please visit the branch with 2 pieces of the following ID:
- Driver’s Licence (issued by Canadian province or territory)
- Foreign Driver’s License
- Canadian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident (PR) Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Health Cards with picture
Branch is located at the following address:
38 Wade Road
- Please Note: A clean criminal background check and drug screen will be required prior to an employment offer being extended.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.