Accounts Payable Clerk
Port Williams - Nova Scotia (NS),
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill full time position of Accounts Payable Clerk in our Port Williams, NS location.
Job Description – Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
VP Finance & Administration
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and investigating account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, producer returns and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate timely and accurate AP management. The AP Clerk also participates in maintaining various databases and reviewing for accuracy and consistency.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Collaborate with the VP Finance & Administration to maintain data integrity and general A/P performance levels (DPO & cash conversion cycle).
- Obtain approval for disbursements and ensure that expenditures do not exceed guideline.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, by check, credit, and EFT payment.
- Audits purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other collateral; verifies that orders are charged to the proper accounts.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied payment transactions.
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and 1 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year direct experience in an A/P capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Advanced proficiency with Quick Books accounting software (an asset) and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- High level of confidentiality is expected.
- Good hearing required for extensive telephone use.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated thanks all applicants however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- accounts payable: 5 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (Preferred)
- Vendor Management: 1 year (Preferred)