Janitor Plymouth Term #20
Plymouth - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia School Boards (NSSB)
Estimated salary $20.75 an hour
Tri-County Regional Centre for Education
The Tri-County Regional Centre for Education encompasses the three counties of Shelburne, Yarmouth, and Digby serving 5757 students in twenty-two (22) schools, composed of 13 Elementary Schools, 6 High Schools, 1 Middle School, and 2 Elementary/High Schools.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS (mm,dd,yyyy): 08/28/2020 at 11:59pm.
Effective Dates (mm,dd,yyyy): 08/31/2020
Position Type: Term
REFERENCES ARE MANDATORY - APPLICATIONS WITHOUT REFERENCES LISTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
TO APPLY: Complete the online profile/resume - you can attach a resume to your profile, security checks, and reference letters if applicable . (Please note: Applications with 3 work related references listed from your immediate supervisor will be shortlisted. Failure to include your references will cause delay in processing your application.)
The Tri-County Regional Centre for Education requires that all new employees provide a satisfactory Child Abuse Register Check and Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector Checks. If you have current ones less than 3 months old you can attach these checks to your profile / resume.
- Janitor - Monday to Friday - 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Cleaning experience and willingness to learning cleaning skills.
- Completion of WHMIS and first aid.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other trades, custodial staff and school administrations.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Clean, on a daily or as scheduled basis, all assigned areas of the school and perform minor maintenance in accordance with established practices and standards;
- Obtain and maintain sufficient supplies on hand to carry out the duties and responsibilities;
- Report any breakdowns, accidents damage or vandalism to the appropriate Supervisor;
- Secure all doors and windows whenever the building is vacated and activate security system if last person to vacate building;
- Perform floor care duties, such as stripping sealing, waxing, burnishing etc;
- Works cooperatively with other administrative, custodial and maintenance staff.
- Perform snow and ice control duties;
- Pick up litter and trash from yards, driveways, parking lots and walkways on an ongoing basis with general clean-ups;
- Perform duties in compliance with school, Operations Department and Board polices and procedure including occupational health, safety, attendance, work routines, WHMIS and evacuation plans and the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia;
- Other related duties as assigned.
First Consideration given to CUPE Local 964 Members.
QUOTING COMPETITION #, applicants should include a concise covering letter and résumé highlighting their qualifications and experience, along with the names of three (3) work related references.
~ Complete on line resume/profile to apply or
~ FAX resume to 749-2834 (Centrex ^2834) or
~ Drop off resume to Human Resources, Yarmouth Board office ~ 79 Water St. B5A 1L4
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information about the Tri-County Regional Centre for Education visit our website at https://www.tcrce.ca/