Family Medicine North Sydney
North Sydney - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority
Requisition ID: 34769
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 200,000 - 250,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program; Tuition Relief
The community of North Sydney, Cape Breton is seeking family physicians to join their community of family physicians. This position provides the opportunity to take part in obstetrics, operating room (OR) assists, emergency medicine, long-term care, and inpatient mental health services. Family physicians may also participate in teaching through the family medicine residency program based in Sydney and/or with medical students through Dalhousie University.
- run family practice office/clinics
- provide call coverage and care for inpatients
- consult and refer to other medical practitioners
- act as a patient advocate
- prescribe and administer medications, treatments, inoculations, and vaccinations
- report births, deaths, and contagious and other diseases as per Nova Scotia Public Health requirements
- physician's choice
- all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- all family physician must have membership with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- all specialists must be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
Failte (that’s “welcome”, for those not up to speed on their Gaelic)! North Sydney is a port town along the eastern coast of Cape Breton. It is in convenient proximity to all the major attractions on the Island like the world famous Cabot Trail, Fortress of Louisbourg, the Alexander Graham Bell Museum in the beautiful village of Baddeck, and 6 amazing golf courses!
In North Sydney, you will find magnificent natural beauty with an array of shops, local and chain restaurants, services, entertainment and amenities. In addition, the region remains young and vibrant as it just 25 minutes away from Cape Breton University.
North Sydney is surrounded by many smaller communities, each one offering its own uniqueness. Here, kitchen parties are a way of life and you’re never too far from the beautiful Highlands that inspired the region’s first immigrants to name the province New Scotland. You will experience the view of a lifetime around every corner, and surround yourself with the friendliest people in every community. Hike, cycle, swim, golf – all in an almost unreal beauty. Physicians and their families build rewarding lives and careers in Cape Breton; see for yourself, here!
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.