Middle Musquodoboit - Nova Scotia (NS),
- Be truly valued for your training expertise and ability to support employee competency and development
- Based at our Touquoy Operations
- 5 days on, 2 days off roster, drive in / drive out
Atlantic Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of St Barbara Limited, an ASX listed gold producer and explorer with mining assets in Canada, Australia and Papua New Guinea. We are proud to be a Company recognised by industry awards for operational excellence and performance, sustainability, gender diversity and pay equity.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Training Coordinator.
This permanent and full time position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour northeast of Halifax, near Middle Musquodoboit, Nova Scotia. The mine is fully permitted and began production in fall 2017.
Our new Training Coordinator will join a highly professional and dynamic Human Resources department. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, your role will be to contribute to the Company’s Training and Development System including training needs analysis; training plans; management of the Training Management System (TMS) and ensure compliance with St Barbara’s Training, Competencies and Behaviors for the Nova Scotia Operations.
- Ensuring contractors on site are qualified, licenced and complete all necessary inductions
- Coordinating the site induction program ensuring compliance and statutory requirements are met for all Personnel
- Administering the Training Management System (TMS) as a ‘super user’; ensuring training records are entered, maintained and reported
- Reporting all training and development conducted on and off site as per the HR Monthly Report
- Conducting training needs analysis
- Assisting with the audit preparation and reporting for Training, Competency and Behaviour
- Liaising with stakeholders with respect to scheduling of training and development programs
- Conducting training and development evaluation
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better
- A University degree or college diploma in human resources or related discipline
- CPHR or working towards designation
- A Current, valid Driver’s License
- Relevant work experience, with experience in an industrial setting highly regarded
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of tools and familiar with other HR software tools
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A willingness and ability to work in a mine site setting
You will need to pass a background check as part of this recruitment process. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in a similar role preferably in a mining or industrial setting.
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally
- Developed and structured professional development opportunities and educational assistance
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and RRSP matching program
- 2020 PDAC Viola R. MacMillan Award recipients for developing the Touquoy open pit mine and consolidating other gold deposits near Moose River
- Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community - a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities and we provide nil gender pay gap in like for like roles and a commitment to addressing pay equity and gender equality through our recruitment, promotions, reward and recognition programs.
Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter.
For further information about St Barbara visit https://stbarbara.com.au/careers/
Please understand that screening and interviewing may take place prior to the advertised close date.