Middle Musquodoboit - Nova Scotia (NS),
- Be valued for your commitment to safety and adherence to completing the work schedule
- Based at our Touquoy Operations
- 4 days on, 4 days off roster, drive in / drive out
Atlantic Gold is a wholly owned subsidiary of St Barbara Limited, an ASX listed gold producer and explorer with mining assets in Canada, Australia and Papua New Guinea. We are proud to be a Company recognised by industry awards for operational excellence and performance, sustainability, gender diversity and pay equity.
We are currently seeking an experienced, professional to fill the role of Mill Laborer.
This permanent and full time position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour northeast of Halifax, near Middle Musquodoboit, Nova Scotia. The mine is fully permitted and began production in fall 2017.
- Be a visible Safety Leader
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture and safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures by using the appropriate tools and equipment for each task
- Perform site clean-up, housekeeping and/or demolition
- Manual shovelling around mill crusher and other mill locations
- equipment clean-up
- Pipe laying
- Pump monitoring
- Hose installation and maintenance
- Silt fence installation
Our successful candidate will operate small equipment in a safe and responsible manner and will have:
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better
- A valid Driver's License and own transport to/from Moose River mining operation
- Demonstrated ability to follow a work schedule
- An ability to perform a variety of manual tasks requiring the use of independent judgement and action
- A willingness to work in a team environment
You will have a willingness to protect and promote the interest of this Company in all matters and take actions to satisfy such responsibility including complying with all safety policies and procedures.
Candidates who are well versed in industrial or mill site protocols, rules and codes of conduct are highly regarded.
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally
- Developed and structured professional development opportunities and educational assistance
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and RRSP matching program
- 2020 PDAC Viola R. MacMillan Award recipients for developing the Touquoy open pit mine and consolidating other gold deposits near Moose River
- Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community - a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities and we provide nil gender pay gap in like for like roles and a commitment to addressing pay equity and gender equality through our recruitment, promotions, reward and recognition programs.
Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter.
For further information about St Barbara visit https://stbarbara.com.au/careers/
Please understand that screening and interviewing may take place prior to the advertised close date.