Family Medicine - Clare
Meteghan Centre - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority
Requisition ID: 35495
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 250,000 - 300,000
Type of Remuneration: APP- Alternate Payment Plan
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives: Debt Assistance; Family Medicine Bursary Program; Tuition Relief
Clare Health Centre, a bilingual collaborative practice, is seeking a physician to join their team of six physicians, a nurse practitioner, and other allied healthcare professionals. The physician is expected to provide office-based primary care to a full variety of patients in the Municipality of the District of Clare and surrounding areas.
Emergency Department work is an option at the Digby General Hospital or Yarmouth Regional Hospital. The physician will also be able to participate in the inpatient rota in Digby.
- ensure the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services to patients of all ages and stages of health or illness
- be accountable for appropriate workload and practice
- continuum of patient care with health care providers within your practice and/or community
- provide care and coordination of community-based care, secondary and tertiary level heath care
- build to capacity within the first two years (new primary care physicians)
- operate within the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of Nova Scotia Health Authority
- work toward same day or next day access for the practice population
- work in collaboration with other team members in the practice to best suit the community’s health needs
- work with other providers to provide after-hours access and emergency coverage when required
- participate in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) and record all relevant patient details in a provincially approved EMR which is accessible to all collaborating team
- on call coverage: 1 in 6 weekdays, Saturday morning
- all applicants must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
- all family physicians must be eligible for certification with the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
- membership with the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Clare, officially named the Municipality of the District of Clare, is located in western Nova Scotia and is the only municipality in the province that conducts business and offers services in both French and English. The population is approximately 8,500 and is mainly inhabited by Acadian people who are famous for their vibrant music, festivals, culture, and way of life.
A well-known Acadian region, Clare occupies the western half of Digby County. Most of the Municipality's settled areas are located along Saint Mary's Bay, a sub-basin of the Gulf of Maine.
The Municipality is mainly inhabited by Acadians and conducts its business in both French and English. Although over 75% of the residents of Clare are able to communicate in both official languages, the most commonly used language is French. The French-Acadian language and culture play an important role in the lives of the residents of the Municipality of Clare.
The Acadians of Clare are famous for their warm "joie de vivre", reflected in their vibrant music, festivals, culture, and way of life.
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.