Obstetrics/Gynecology - Kentville
Kentville - Nova Scotia (NS),
Nova Scotia Health Authority
Requisition ID: 57261
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Estimated Annual Salary: 350,000 - 400,000
Type of Remuneration: FFS - Fee For Service
Site Visit & Reallocation Allowance Programs: Relocation Program; Site Visit Program
Department of Health & Wellness Incentives:
The following services are available at Valley Regional Hospital:
- general surgery
- low risk pediatrics
- full scope of practice as an obstetrician/gynecologist providing care to the patients within the Western Zone
- participating in call
- provide support to your own site but also to others in the Western Zone if required, which will include day-time coverage and occasional overnight/weekend coverage.
- responsible to the Zone Department Head for Obstetrics & Gynecologist for their professional responsibilities and quality of practice and will operate within the Medical Staff Bylaws of the Nova Scotia Health Authority
- available to respond to urgent matters while working or on call. This means that during regular work and scheduled
- Call is 1:5
- Physicians have an opportunity to work as a preceptor with medical students and residents as well
- Compensation is currently through fee-for-service.
Certification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
Eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia (CPSNS)
Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
Kentville is the largest Town, with over 6,200 citizens, situated in the beautiful Annapolis Valley that is considered a rural setting close to urban amenities. Kentville is near several award-winning wineries, the Minas Basin which boasts some of the highest tides in the world, and Acadia University. It offers a vibrant arts community, a strong emphasis on work-life balance and a variety of well-developed outdoor activities. All within just a one-hour drive to Halifax and an international airport.
For more information, visit www.kentville.ca
Physicians in Nova Scotia provide fulfilling patient care which embraces family life, professional development and community involvement. That's what makes practicing medicine in Nova Scotia unique. Physicians are increasingly attracted to practices that offer team-based care to their patients and allow them to consult with their peers. The size and scale of Nova Scotia allows for better connections across the health care system. Your practice of medicine and your life is richer here. Nova Scotia is more than medicine.