Traffic Control Person
Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Estimated salary $12.80 an hour
VistaCare Communications is a leading telecommunications solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking motivated candidates to join our telecommunication construction operations in Halifax, NS for permanent, full-time positions as Traffic Control Person. This position will work alongside our outside plant construction crews performing general construction, labourer and traffic control duties across Nova Scotia. This is an excellent opportunity for motivated individuals looking to get into the telecommunications industry.
- Load/ unload materials and equipment from cable trailers; move materials in work areas;
- Under the direction of the crew leader, provide traffic control for temporary work set ups along roadways, intersections, and construction sites in urban and rural areas;
- Attend manhole, communicate with and monitor entrants, summon rescue if necessary;
- Maintain tools and equipment as per manufacturer’s specifications;
- Maintain clean and safe work sites; remove debris and trash at construction sites;
- Perform other general labourer duties as assigned by manager or crew leader;
- Adhere to all company safety policies and procedures;
- Protect the safety of work crew and the work zone while also ensuring the safety of motoring and pedestrian traffic.
- Strong manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and attention to
- No experience necessary – training will be provided for the right candidate;
- Traffic Control training or experience is considered an asset;
- Experience in a construction environment is an asset;
- Experience in a telecommunications environment considered an asset;
- Experience as a groundsperson is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with a reasonable driver abstract;
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required;
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level;
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance);
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP);
- Cross-training opportunities in Line Construction and Fibre Optics may be an option for motivated individuals who join the team!
If you think you're the perfect fit for our team, please apply now!