Interational Recruitment Specialist (2 Year Contract)
Halifax - Nova Scotia (NS),
Saint Mary’s University
Estimated salary $63,200 - $77,683 a year
Position: International Recruitment Specialist (2 -year Contract)
Department: Enrolment Services, Admissions and Recruitment
Salary: $63,200 - $77,683+ 4% in lieu vacation
Under the direction of the Director of Recruitment & Marketing, the International Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing operational strategy for ensuring the goals and objectives of Saint Mary's International Recruitment initiative are met. The Specialist will work closely with Admissions, Graduate Program Managers, International Activities and The Language Centre; will train and support domestic recruitment personnel for international recruitment (as needed); will act as liaison between academic and non-academic departments and offices providing information on educational systems; maintaining existing relationships between the university and international and national institutions; and overall promotion of the university on identified target recruitment markets.
Duties in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Representing Saint Mary's in visits and career fairs to selected schools and at public functions in Canada and abroad ensuring that prospective students, parents, teachers and counselors and others are provided with accurate and timely information about study in Canada and the features and benefits of attending Saint Mary's University.
- Providing mentorship and training support for recruitment personnel with visits, career fairs and campus tours as needed.
- Contributing to the International Marketing and Recruitment Strategic Plan in collaboration with the Director. Preparing reports for each international recruitment trip.
- Briefing and debriefing faculty members and other university representatives participating in student recruitment activities.
- Liaising with government and education officials in Canada and abroad to promote Canada and Saint Mary's as an international student destination.
- Ensuring inquiries from prospective students are answered in a timely, personalized manner.
- In consultation with the Director, identifying and recommending agents in new and existing target markets.
- In collaboration with the Director, developing promotional materials to be used for recruitment.
- Facilitates campus visits for dignitaries, potential recruits and conducts campus tours.
- Working with the Director, and in consultation with relevant units on campus ensuring that materials being used are appropriate for those units.
- Providing support and advisement to advertising agencies and internal staff supporting university promotion, website resources and social media.
- Selecting, hiring, training and supervising staff, as required.
- In collaboration with the Director, developing and monitoring the international marketing budget for
To be the successful International Recruitment Specialist you will possess a minimum of a four (4) year undergraduate degree and a minimum five (5) years related experience, including two (2) years international experience preferably in the education/marketing sector and 2-3 years in an academic or professional environment. A Master's Degree would be an asset. You demonstrate an ability to work with diverse groups in a cross-cultural environment, knowledge of recruitment practices and familiarity with recruitment technology combined with strong organizational and team building skills. Further, you have strong and proven oral and written communication skills, computer skills and working knowledge of how a university operates. Finally, knowledge of current policies and the ability to administer them. Knowledge of a second language will be considered an asset. This position requires the successful individual to be willing and able to travel extensively.
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: February 26, 2020 Competition Closes: March 8, 2020
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus.